Flexible treatment of petrochemical and oil waste disposal
Treatment of petrochemical wastes using Tetronics’ plasma technology offers commercial advantage over existing waste management options whilst reducing landfill liabilities and ensuring the conservation of natural resources. Tetornics offers a clean and cost effective solution for oil waste disposal and petrochemical waste management.
Plasma principal advantages in petrochemical and sludge treatment disposal
Tetronics’ innovative and versatile plasma technology addresses the growing number of waste management challenges specific to the petrochemical sector, including the recovery of hazardous and chemically difficult wastes. Examples of petrochemical waste include:
- Oily Sludges generated during oil tank cleaning operations
- Hazardous Waste Streams Contaminated with Heavy Metals and Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs; e.g. PCBs and HCBs)
- Secondary residues from alternative treatment processes
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM)
- Acid tars generated from benzole refining, oil re-refining and white oil production
How do we do it?
The heat and ultra-violet light properties of plasma technology treats contaminated petrochemical waste materials so that the pollutant is destroyed and the bulk mass material is recovered as a safe, inert building product, so completing the sustainability cycle.
To find out how we can assist you with your petrochemical waste management needs, please contact us.
- High Destruction and Removal Efficiency (DRE) of associated organics
- Intensive, compact process plant package that can be readily retrofitted to existing installations
- Tolerant to chemically and thermally challenging waste feeds and is simple to operate and maintain
- Waste is vitrified into a stable building product called Plasmarok®