Tetronics & Advanced Plasma Power Now Hiring for a Group Sales Executive
Job Title: Group Sales Executive
Reports To: Group Sales Director
External Contacts: Existing & Potential/Clients
Tetronics is a specialist British engineering company recognized as a world leader with a 45 year pedigree in the field of high temperature plasma solutions. It is involved in the design, manufacture, supply, installation and commissioning of such systems in a variety of fields of application. The company was acquired by InvestSelect investors in 2004. Based in Swindon, the company focuses on the environmental sector, including Waste Recovery, Hazardous Waste Treatment, Metal Recovery and Production Processes. Tetronics’ capabilities encompass everything from initial testing of the process material, through design, supply and onsite installation and on-going support of full commercial plants.
Tetronics invented the Gasplasma® process for the recovery of heat and power from municipal and commercial waste. Following this, InvestSelect spun off (seeded) Advanced Plasma Power Limited (APP) in 2005 as the exclusive licensee of Tetronics’ Gasplasma technology, in order to develop renewable power generation projects on a DBFO basis. The strategy of the business is to play a leading role in renewable power generation, both in the UK and overseas. It also provides a local, low-impact solution to the growing waste problem being encountered in the UK and overseas.
To assist the Group Sales Director in identifying, qualifying, managing and developing sales enquiries on a global scale to meet sales targets.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
– Selling a group portfolio for both Tetronics and APP
– Sales pipeline management; adopting a supportive role for existing prospects combined with the qualification of new prospect sales pipeline.
– Taking early stage, prequalified leads through further qualification compressing conversion timeline
– Making appointments via CRM database and on own initiative, liaising with group marketing
– Developing and growing long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
– Undertake existing and new customer visits in the UK and overseas.
– Identifying and qualifying strategic partners and agents
– Managing and interpreting customer requirements.
– Assisting with client quotations. Inter-department liaison
– Provide regular reports for all sales activities.
– Meeting regular sales targets.
– Recording and managing client contact data.
– Assist the marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and exhibitions including occasional presentations.
– Preference for candidates to have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s and 2 A Levels; a science/engineering discipline an advantage, but not a pre-requisite, or demonstrable sales track record.
– A second language a distinct advantage
– Experience of working as part of a team and alone within a technical sales/ engineering environment and having had exposure in dealing with customers via telephone, email and face to face.
– Proven track record in international sales environment
– Experience of selling technical capital equipment essential and sale of ‘big ticket’ equipment an advantage
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Must have familiarity with CRM systems –SAGE CRM a distinct advantage
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with first class organisational ability
– Ability to achieve set goals when working under pressure and with limited resources.
– Must be well organised, committed and possess the ability to work effectively both as an individual and in a team environment.
– Approach opportunities both analytically and tangentially
– Must be able to operate in a flexible manner.
– Ability to work closely with, and strongly influence, customers in a wide range of cultures.
– Must be intrinsically motivated and profit focussed.
– Must have a full UK driving license and own car.
– Willing to travel on a global basis as and when required.
As the needs of the business change this role will change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.