Recovering maximum value from spent catalysts
Tetronics plasma recovery technology has been used for decades to deliver rapid returns from the recovery of Precious Metal (PMs), especially Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) from spent catalysts with class leading recovery rates and the lowest environmental impact and cost base. Tetronics are a world leader in catalyst recovery technology.
Principal plasma advantages in catalyst recovery
Tetronics’ technology can recover significant value from both automotive catalysts and industrial catalysts (e.g. from the chemical and petrochemical industries). The principal advantages of Tetronics patented plasma technology are that it couples the highest recovery/operational flexibility with the lowest environmental impacts and cost base.
How do we do it?
The technology is designed to smelt and preferentially separate the precious metal from the less valuable catalyst material, which is vitrified into an approved, inert, reusable building product called Plasmarok®, in a single processing step. The technology will also destroy any hazardous organic material, such as dioxins etc. that may be contained within the waste material. A standard plasma spent catalyst plant processes circa 1,500-2,000 tonnes per annum of material, with capital payback typically achieved within 1-2 years, due to the high specific values of this waste stream and the leading recovery rates achieved using plasma.
To find out how we can deliver rapid returns for your Spent Catalyst project, please contact us.
If you are looking for a service provider to process your autocats, please visit our partner’s website, www.platinumrecoveries.com
- Industry leading recovery rates, >98% typically achieved
- Rapid precious metal returns in a closed loop system
- Decades of experience delivering precious metal recovery systems
- Lower capital and operating costs than competing technologies
- Process applicable to a range of different precious metals
- Intensive, modular process with a small footprint
- Spent catalysts are vitrified into a valuable building product - Plasmarok®